Friday, March 28, 2008

The Beauty of God's Creation

I often marvel at the beauty and detail that exists in creation. I have been studying the creation account in Genesis 1 and I cannot tell you how often I set my Bible down and simply reflect on the unimaginable power of God. It leaves me absolutely speechless, and I often find myself in a state of confusion and awe. To dwell on the fact that God created all that we see, smell, hear, see and touch with His words alone, or as John Piper puts it, "with the flick of His little finger" should really bring all of us to our knees. What a great Creator we have, and how marvelous is His creation!

What is incredible is how little I understand about God's creation. I knew that the detail He showed when creating the animals was far beyond human possibility, and I also know that humans carry the same desire to create that God has. However, I had no idea that this creative impulse existed with such an artistic degree amidst the animals as well. To understand what I am talking about, please view the clip below.


1 comment:

  1. Millions of years ago boys and girls, ...

    Now, imagine how ridiculous it would be to admire that painting more than the dumb animal that made it. would it not follow that it would be ridiculous to worship that elephant more than the God who created it with the ability to be trained, and the dexterity in its own nose to make a picture.

    "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen."--Romans 1:25

    ReplyDelete